[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]With the Covid-19 social distancing restrictions being put in to place, many grocery stores, wholesalers, pharmacies, and retail outlets have seen an uptick in product demand. That's probably the nicest way of stating that there are a ton of people panic buying seemingly random things. The extra crush of customers, combined with potential worker illness, could lead to some unplanned staffing shortages and extended hours. And then there are the healthcare workers on the front lines of the battle against the disease working extended shifts to help those affected by the outbreak. The Law Offices of Scott Warmuth wants to remind workers that it is against the law to force employees to work unpaid overtime. Nonexempt employees are guaranteed overtime pay under certain circumstances.
- They work in excess of eight hours in one workday
- They work in excess of 40 hours in one workweek
- They work seven days in one workweek
- Any hours worked in excess of 12 hours in one workday
- Any hours worked in excess of eight hours on the seventh consecutive workday